Jun 292012
 

A community archaeological dig has rediscovered the lost Place of Killearn a 17th century laird’s house and designed landscape.

The Place of Killearn was built in 1688 and recorded in the 1790s as being surrounded by ‘numerous plantations, regularly disposed in form of clumps, belts, and wildernesses, beautify and shelter an extensive tract of pleasure ground round the house’, and including both ancient oaks and what may be some of Scotland’s earliest larches.

Read it on the myStirling website.

%d bloggers like this: